Ten Weeks Before the Baby Shower
- Set the date for the shower.
- Ask Mother-to-Be to register at her favorite stores for gifts.
Nine Weeks Before the Baby Shower
- Figure out the total budget for the shower.
- Decide on the location for the baby shower.
Eight Weeks Before the Baby Shower
- Pick a theme for the baby shower.
- Select invitations that match the shower theme.
Seven Weeks Before the Baby Shower
- Send out the invitations that match the theme with directions to the shower location. Six Weeks Before the Baby Shower
- Decide if the party will be catered or not.
- Plan the baby shower menu.
Five Weeks Before the Baby Shower
- Begin looking for decorations and supplies that match your baby shower theme.
- If not using a caterer, look for recipes for your baby shower menu.
Four Weeks Before the Baby Shower
- Begin looking at baby shower games and activities.
- Decide if you will give favors.
Three Weeks Before the Baby Shower
- If you aren’t making the shower cake yourself, order it now.
- If you are hosting at a home and need extras, reserve tables and chairs from rental store.
- If you are giving a gift in addition to the baby shower, purchase it now.
Two Weeks Before the Baby Shower
- If ordering flowers and balloons as decorations for the party, order them now.
- Purchase baby shower decorations, favors, and game prizes.
- If you have decided to have games and/or activities, decide which ones.
- If using a caterer, finalize the menu.
- If not using a caterer, make grocery list for recipes you are serving. One Week Before the Baby Shower
- Call any guests who have not RSVP’d to the baby shower.
- Determine a final guest count.
- Wrap baby shower games prizes and favors.
- Purchase film for camera. Check camera batteries.
- Prepare name tags, table place cards, table assignments if using.
- Confirm reservations, if applicable.
- Make sure you have a place for the guests’ coats as they arrive and have plenty of hangers.
Three Days Before the Baby Shower
- If having the shower in your home, clean the rooms your guests will see (living room, bathroom, kitchen).
- Prepare a party schedule that will keep the party on track.
- Load your camera with the purchased film and/or batteries.
Two Days Before the Baby Shower
- Purchase all the groceries needed for the shower.
- Make sure you have plenty of ice.
- Decide on the serving dish for each menu item.
- Review the games and activities and gather items needed such as pencils, paper, rice, etc.
- Make street signs, if necessary.
- Make sure that you have done everything you needed to do on the checklist thus far. The Day Before the Baby Shower
- If you are baking the shower cake, do it today.
- Wash and cut up vegetables and fruits that you will be serving.
- If you are cooking for the shower, prepare as much today as you can.
- If possible, set up tables, chairs, serving table and gift table.
- If using a caterer, touch base to make sure there are no problems and confirm delivery.
The Day of the Baby Shower
- Pick up the shower cake from the bakery if not baking it yourself.
- Pick up balloons and/or flowers that you have ordered as decorations.
- Finish putting up decorations.
- Finish cooking the menu items and arrange them on the serving plates.
- Set out garbage bags and pencil and paper near the gift table. As the gifts are opened, write down the giver’s name and the gift for the Mother-to-be to reference for her Thank You notes.
One Hour Before the Baby Shower
- Make the punch and/or set out other drinks and cups such as sodas, coffee, or tea.
- Change your clothes, put on your makeup, comb your hair for the party.
- Set the food out for the guests.
- Greet your guests now and enjoy hosting the baby shower!